7.25.2011

I Made It!

AHHH!!! I can´t tell you how excited I am to finally be in the country!! It's unreal how beautiful and green everything is. It feels like I´m in the movie Emperor´s New Groove... just with a lot more buildings everywhere! It actually reminds me a ton of Mozambique just greener and more hills.

So I have AWESOME news. I just talked with my new Maestra about being in a more advanced class or what I could do since I can already understand everything and she told me that if I have everything down in 3 weeks I can go straight into the field 3 weeks early!!!!!! I´m gonna work my butt off and make it happen!!

I totally gave away a Book of Mormon on the plane from SLC to LA! It was way awesome but I was just laughing at how funny it was to have 30 green missionaries on that flight all hoping to have some missionary experience and those poor people on the plane probably felt like they were surrounded and under attack! I think I did a pretty good job of carrying a normal conversation and not freaking the guy out haha. The missionary sitting on the other side of him on the other hand was making things super weird talking about his girlfriend back home and how he wants to get married in the temple and asking if that would be something he would be interested in doing...:(   So I had to work double hard trying to fix the awkwardness and repair the damage but it was good for me! AND I gave him a Book of Mormon and he said he´d read a chapter. He seemed interested so who knows! There were missionaries in every row around me that told me they were trying to listen in the entire time and were all congratulating me on doing a good job haha. I just hope he actually reads it! 
Ok we only got 15 minutes to let you know we arrived safely. Our P days are Wednesdays so I will talk to you next week!!! I love you all! Pray that I can get the Spanish and teaching down in 3 weeks! 
Love kailey     
The address here is:
Hermana Kailey Battaglia
Blv. Vista hermosa
23-71 zona 15
Vista Hermosa 1 c.p. 01015
Guatemala, Guatemala
Centro America   

No comments:

Post a Comment